Friday, July 3, 2015

Summer Days

Hi Everyone!



A week or so ago I decided to follow my family members around all day and take lots of pictures! I wanted to show you all what a typical summer day looks like for my family. Since my brothers and I home school (my sisters already finished high school) we do schoolwork throughout the summer. We do this because during the normal school year we often take days off for day trips and other such adventures. My family enjoys doing lots of different activities, which I'm sure you'll realize while looking through these pictures. Especially now that the summer weather has finally arrived, we like to be outdoors as much as possible! Unfortunately, the past couple days it's been so hot that we pretty much just stay inside. Yesterday it got up to 103 degrees here in Germany!!! That's a pretty big deal! It makes it quite difficult for anyone to stay cool though, because Germans don't use air conditioning! That's one thing that I miss about the States. Anyway, I hope you enjoy glimpsing through these pictures and learning a little bit more about me and my family.


Side note: There aren't any pictures of me because I was the photographer all day :)



My lovely mother gardening in the breezy morning.

My cat (Tucker) posing for a photo.



Halley staring longingly from the window. I would have let her out, but we don't have a fenced-in yard. 

My youngest brother (Andrew) doing some yard work. 

What many of our breakfasts look like. 

My new embroidery kit!!! It's so cute!

Our table on most mornings/afternoons. Lots of school books scattered everywhere!

My mother enjoying lunch on our back porch.

Any growth yet?!

My sister (Susanna) and my mom deciding what to prepare for dinner.

Strawberry picking!!! 

My pretty mom always finds the best strawberries!

Some of our delicious strawberries.

Andrew showing off our yummy strawberries. As I'm sure you can tell, it was very bright out!

Walking to the adorable little strawberry stand to pay for our berries.






I'm sure you can guess that my mother was my most compliant model of the day. She's such a lovely subject, is she not?


Have a swell 4th of July tomorrow!!!!

~ Emma Grace





                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment